23 Aug Tips to Keep the Inside of Your Car Looking Great
If you take pride in your ride—whether it’s an exotic roadster, a luxury sedan, or an American muscle car—you probably devote a lot of time and money keeping the outside of your vehicle looking pristine. Although it’s normal for high-end car owners to have an almost fanatical obsession with their vehicle’s exterior, the same zeal is not always directed towards the inside of the car.
We get it, your car’s interior isn’t going to turn heads or get you on the cover of Miami’s Hottest Rides, but considering the amount of time you spend behind the wheel it makes sense to maintain a clean, comfortable, and luxurious cabin. And if you ever plan on selling your ride or trading it in for a newer, cooler model, you can possibly fetch thousands more with a well-maintained interior.
It might not be as easy as wrapping your car in paint protection film, but you can keep the inside of your ride looking just as good as the outside. Here’s a look at products you need and the tips you need to know to clean, protect, and maintain your car’s interior.
Luxury Car Interior Cleaning Products
Luxury car interiors are appointed with some of the highest quality surface and upholstery materials, like genuine leather, high-grade carbon fiber, and even wood grain. These luxurious and expensive materials deserve the highest quality cleaning products to preserve their suppleness and sheen. If you really care about maintaining your car’s interior, make sure you use the right tools for the job. Here are some interior cleaning products that get rave reviews with luxury car owners:
- Leatherique Rejuvinator: Leatherique makes some of the best leather care products in the world, which is why they have been the product of choice for the Bentley and Rolls Royce Owners Clubs. Rejuvinator is a complex blend of animal proteins and collagens with absolutely no oil fillers of any kind. Use to condition and preserve all leather surfaces inside your car.
- Lexol Leather Cleaner: Lexol’s pH-balanced leather cleaner contains no waxes, oils, or additives that would otherwise cause dirt to be trapped in the leather. The foaming action loosens and lifts dirt so it can be easily wiped away without leaving any tacky residue.
- Meguiar’s Quick Interior Detailer: An all-purpose interior cleaner, Meguiar’s Quick Interior Detailer has a deep-cleaning formula that’s safe for all interior surfaces.
- Wolfgang Spot Eliminator: Formulated to act fast and combat the toughest spots and stains in carpets, mats, and seats, Wolfgang Spot Eliminator is an industrial-strength, water-based cleaner that utilized advanced “super polymers” to remove coffee, soda, ink, grease, and more. Wolfgang Spot Eliminator eradicates stains and even provides a layer of protection against future stains.
- Chemical Guys Lightning Fast Stain Extractor: This super powerful spot and stain remove features anti-bacterial enzymes that disinfect as they clean, and odor elimination properties destroy foul smells at their source for an interior that looks and smells brand new.
- Armor All Protectant Wipes: Delivering the proven protection and shine of Armor All with the convenience of a disposable wipe, there’s arguably no better interior car protectant wipe on the market. These wipes help prevent cracking, fading, and discoloration while renewing and revitalizing vinyl, rubber, and plastic surfaces with a deep, rich, and beautiful shine.
Detailing Tips and Tricks
Equipped with the right tools, it only takes a little bit of effort to maintain and protect your car’s interior. If you want to get the professional detailed look yourself, here are some quick tips and tricks for keeping the inside of your car looking, smelling, and feeling brand new.
- Vacuum first to remove loose dirt and debris prior to applying spot cleaners, leather conditioners, and any other liquid or aerosol cleaning products
- Vacuum in at least two different directions to pull dirt and debris out of the weave of the fabric you are cleaning
- Be sure to clean any surfaces inside your vehicle that come into contact with human skin, such as the center console, arm rests, steering wheel, and gear shifter (skin emits oil and perspiration that can attract grime and cause fading or staining over time)
- Spray cleaners, conditioners, protectants, and other liquids or aerosols directly onto an applicator pad or microfiber cloth before wiping down any surface to prevent over-application
- Use paintbrushes, toothbrushes, and/or cotton swabs to remove dirt from hard-to-reach cracks, crevices, and corners inside your vehicle
- Compressed air is a great tool for blowing dirt and debris out of heating and air conditioning ductwork
- When brushing leather upholstery, use a soft-bristle brush in a slow, circular motion pick up trapped dirt and debris without scratching the grain
How to Prevent Interior Damage
- Clean Spills ASAP – Spills happen, but stains don’t have to. The faster you clean up a spill, the less likely it is for a stain to set in. That’s why every car owner should keep a few basic cleaning supplies in the trunk, such as a spot stain cleaner, a soft-bristled scrubber brush, and paper towels. This will allow you to clean up a spill as soon as it happens instead of waiting until you get home, at which point that spilt coffee or ketchup smear will become much harder to remove without professional detailing.
- Darken Your Windows – One of the best ways to protect your car’s interior is also one of the best ways to improve your ride’s appearance. Tinted windows can give your vehicle a sleek and sexy look while protecting interior surfaces—namely plastic, vinyl, and leather—from becoming cracked and faded by the sun. UV-blocking window tint film can also help keep the inside of your car cooler so you can give the cabin a wipe down without breaking a sweat.
- Install Protective Film Coverings – The same protective film that can keep the outside of your vehicle looking brand new can also be used to maintain your car’s interior surfaces. This transparent thermoplastic urethane film can be applied to virtually any hard surface inside your vehicle, including the dashboard, center console, and armrests. In addition to protecting these surfaces from scratches and minor abrasions, UV-resistant protective film coverings can also protect these surfaces from fading, warping, and other forms of sun damage.
Auto Super Shield is in the business of helping drivers keep their cars looking great. Inside and out, our products provide maximum protection against the elements. Contact us to learn more about our paint protection film and high-quality window tint for luxury cars.