29 Nov Mark Your Calendars: Upcoming South Florida Car Shows in 2016-2017
For car lovers and proud car owners, nothing beats a good auto show. Whether you’re a lover of international cars or a traditional muscle car enthusiast, there is no shortage of shows to suit your tastes coming up. And if you’re looking to show off your ride, there are plenty of opportunities coming up in South Florida for you to win over the crowd—and maybe even win a few awards in the process.
The 43rd Daytona Turkey Run, Daytona International Speedway – 11/24/2016
The largest car show and swap meet in America comes back to Daytona for four days of cars, food, and fun. More than 6,000 classic cars and trucks will be on site, some for show and some for sale. The event also includes 2,500 swap meet stalls, with plenty of food and artisan items for sale. The four-day event is $15 per day for general admission. The Daytona Turkey Run car show accepts all cars manufactured prior to 1980, as well as all Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, Chargers, Challengers, Prowlers, Vipers, and foreign exotic sports cars regardless of the year. Registration is $45. If you’re interested in selling your collector car, register for the Car Corral at the Daytona Turkey Run to set up on the infield of the Daytona International Speedway and present to interested buyers.
29th Annual Toys in the Sun Run, Sunrise – 12/04/2016
Presented by Cruisers of South Florida, the 29th annual Toys in the Sun Run car, truck, and bike show is one of the premier auto events that gives back to the local Florida community. Proceeds benefit the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation, and all presenters are required to include a new unwrapped toy with their registration fee that will be given to patients at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood, FL. Pre-registration is $20 until November 26th. 55 “best of” awards will be given out, including 15 awards for 2000 and newer vehicles.
11th Annual Open Classic Car and Truck Show, Sunrise – 01/08/2017
Enthusiasts can get their fill of classic cars at the 11th Annual Open Classic Car and Truck Show, hosted by the Renegade Corvette Club. With an appearance from the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders, food, door prizes, and raffles, the show promises to be fun for the whole family. Pre-registration is $20 until January 2. With Best of Show awards for cars and trucks as well as Best of Show Corvettes and over $300 in awards up for grabs, the event is a must for car enthusiasts.
6th Annual Corvette & Open Car & Truck Show, Coconut Creek – 03/05/2017
One of the largest car shows in South Florida in the first half of 2017, the 6th annual Corvette & Open Car & Truck Show is presented by the Corvette Club of South Florida. The show promises to give out over 160 total awards, including 70 Best of Show Corvette and 70 Best of Show Open Cars & Trucks awards. There will also be specialty awards, sponsor’s choice awards, 50-50 drawings, raffles, door prizes, and more. Net proceeds to benefit the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Pre-registration ($25) is limited to the first 300 cars and closes February 28, 2017.
Check out this event page for a full list of upcoming car shows in South Florida. You can also search for car shows across the entire state if you’re looking for a more specific type of car show to attend or participate in.
Tips for Showing Your Ride at a Car Show
First and foremost, make sure your ride meets the requirements for the show you’re interested in showing at. There are shows for muscle cars, import cars, exotic customs cars, and more, which means you won’t be short of options for an auto show that puts your car in the best light. Once you find a car show that’s the right fit for your ride, keep these tips in mind to give yourself a better chance at winning an award.
- Get Your Car CRAZY Clean – You can’t win a prize with a dirty car. Go above and beyond in the days before the show, and pay attention to the details. Start with the rims and engine compartment—the places on the car most likely to get smudged or dirty. Polish the undercarriage, the surface of the car, and get the windows sparkling. Don’t forget the tires, which should have new tread and clean rims and wheel wells. Also, make sure you perform a deep interior clean since the judges will inspect the inside of your car as well.
- Keep Rust at Bay – For Florida residents and anyone living along the coast, battling rust is a continual struggle, but for those hoping to show their car at an auto show, winning that battle becomes more important. Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to rust, so keep an eye on the engine, wheel wells, and any areas of exposed metal on your car. Dirty cars don’t win awards, and neither do “rust buckets.”
- Protect Your Car’s Paint and Finish – How your car’s paint looks and shines can have a big impact on how well it does in the car show. One of the best ways you can keep your car’s factory or custom paint job looking great is with paint protection film or a clear vinyl car wrap. If you plan to keep your car’s paint exposed to the elements, make sure you bring a few touch-up tools with you to the car show to buff out or hide any small scratches, swirls, or scuff marks you find before the judges walk by.
- Have Someone Else Drive – If you have a rare collector car, consider hiring a covered automotive transportation company to get your vehicle to the auto show. There are a large number of hazards you face on the open road every day, including flying rocks, inattentive motorist, and inclement weather, but you shouldn’t risk exposing your vehicle to any of them on the day of the show—especially considering all of the hours you’ve spent getting your ride into show condition.
- Share Your Car’s Story – If you restored a junkyard find into a Best of Show caliber vehicle, bring a photo album along and keep it inside the vehicle for evidence of your hard work. It might not help you win any awards, but it will certainly create some buzz about your vehicle and help judges, attendees, and fellow presenters give you the credit you deserve.
If you have a car show worthy ride, Auto Super Shield can help you keep it looking great with paint protection film and luxury vinyl car wraps. We also offer carbon fiber, matte, and mirrored chrome wraps if you want to give your ride an unforgettable customized look that will have judges and attendees turning heads. Contact us online or call (561) 367-0101 to learn more about our automotive paint protection and customization products.