Gone are the times when the only way to change the color of your car, truck, or van was an expensive respray. Today, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, it’s now possible to up the ante however and whenever you want—with the miracle of carbon fiber car wraps.
So, let’s delve into the intricacies of wrapping your car, and join us in a world of discovery where the only limit to pimping your ride is the extent of your imagination…!
· The basics
· Advantages of carbon fiber vehicle wraps
Quite simply, a carbon fiber vehicle wrap is a protective layer made from very thin, very strong, vinyl that’s applied over some or all of the paintwork of a car. It can be of any color, any finish (think matte, silk, metallic, etc.), and can be designed in any pattern of your choosing. It can be applied to the whole car or just in certain areas.
Wrapping a car brings a multitude of benefits, such as:
- It protects the paintwork beneath: The wrap provides a buffer between the body of the vehicle and the elements. It protects from stone chips, scratches, UV rays, and everything else that causes paintwork to become damaged, fade, and age.
- It’s removable: Meaning that if you get bored of the color scheme, you can simply remove it and return the car to its former glory. Or, as is often the case, change to a completely different look entirely…
- It’s affordable: Let’s face it, a complete respray will certainly cause some damage to your credit card, not to mention that it’s an irreversible move (without another costly respray). A carbon fiber wrap, on the other hand, is far less expensive, gives the same result (or better, if you consider the bespoke aspect), and can be changed whenever you want it.
- The choices are infinite: Unlike a respray, your color and pattern choice can be as wild and wacky as you choose. This makes it great for advertising, for racing colors, or for any unique elements you want to portray to the world at large.
- It makes your car more valuable: Thanks to protecting the paintwork beneath, a carbon fiber vehicle wrap means that, when the time comes to sell, you remove it and the paintwork below is as pristine as the day it was applied. This leads to what can be a significantly higher resale price.
· From protection to self-expression
· What are the cons of carbon fiber car wraps?
We’ve already mentioned the protective aspects of wrapping your car, but the stand out reason for adding the feature to your ride is that of self-expression. The on-trend flat matte finish is easily achieved, or you can speak to a design team that’ll use digital tech to create any look you choose. This makes car wraps ideal for advertising purposes, as well as for those who want to create a unique vibe that turns heads every time they drive down the road.
Done right, carbon fiber car wraps don’t have any downsides. But it is worth mentioning one thing—all wraps are not made equal. In other words, you get what you pay for.
There are two things you need to look out for:
1. Beware the DIY carbon fiber car wrap: Sure, it looks easy. But correctly applying it to a vehicle requires skills that are only gained by training and experience. The whole reason for wrapping your ride is to improve the aesthetics of the vehicle. So the last thing you want is a result that’s anything less than perfection. In other words, it’s just not worth trying to do it yourself unless you have experience in this field.
2. Cheaper is not better: There are many different grades of wrap, therefore ensuring the right type for your car, the climate, and your expected longevity is vital. Consulting with a professional supplier will mean that not only is the product correctly applied but that the choice of wrap is the right one that suits your needs.
Boca Raton-based, Auto SuperShield, is where the savvy car owner goes for the very best car wrap treatment. Combining a highly experienced professional approach with excellent customer service, their friendly technicians partner with you to provide the ultimate look for your ride.
Find out more at https://www.autosupershield.com and book your car in for its makeover today.
About how we can help with your vehicles specific needs.Contact us