12 Apr The Best Automotive Window Tint Brand
Everyone has seen a really bad window tint job: peeling edges, scratches in the film, annoying bubbles, and hazy purple discoloring. It is enough to make you not want to get your windows tinted at all, right?
While a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, there are actually a lot of really great window tints available today that will give your vehicle the style you want. How can you figure out the best car window tint brand and how do you choose the right one? When choosing, consider these factors to determine the best window tint brand for your needs:
- Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) – a higher number means less heat is transmitted.
- Ultraviolet Light (UV) rejection that can protect against sunburn, skin damage, and interior fading.
- Visible Light Transmitted (VLT) with a higher number equaling a lighter color for improved visibility.
- When metals are used in tints that can cause signal interference. That disrupts GPS, radio, keyless entry, remote starters, and cell phone transmissions when metals are used in tints.
- Lifetime warranties against bubbling, cracking, peeling, fading or defects.
3M Automotive Window Tints
3M is arguably one of the best automotive window tint brand on the market today with multiple high-performance options that block the damaging effects of the Florida sun, insulate the interior from heat, and enhance the look of your car with non-fading colors.
3M’s Crystalline Tint is high-quality window film that provides excellent solar protection.
- Crystalline Window Tint uses a highly advanced, multilayer optical film technology made up of 200 layers of film that are thinner than Post-it Notes.
- If you want a clear window tint that still provides the most advanced heat and light protection possible, then Crystalline is for you.
- This non-metalized film was designed to reject up to 97% of infrared rays, provide SPF protection of 1,000+, and still allow the most light through for crystal clear visibility.
- This product offers a TSER up to 60%, UV blocking up to 99.9%, and VLT of 40% to 90%.
Prestige Film Technologies
For high style looks that also provide high-quality results in sun protection, Prestige Film Technologies is one of the best automotive window tint brands available. With a highly advanced six-layer process that checks off all the qualities you should expect from a window tint, their Spectra PhotoSync is the most advanced adaptive automotive window film that also looks great.
- Spectra PhotoSync uses a proprietary nano-coating called Solar Adaptive Coating that is self-adjusting after specific solar wavelengths are exposed to the film.
- It is the only window tint product in the world that uses this self-adjusting technology which will protect your interior surfaces and the occupants inside with such superior results.
- Spectra PhotoSync is considered one of the best car window tint brands for its overall solar protection that also provides darker, stylish shading options.
- This product offers a TSER up to 79%, UV blocking up to 99.5%, and VLT of 30% to 70%.
SunTek Window Tints
For drivers who want a high-end window tint without the high price tag, then SunTek is the best window tint brand alternative for those on a budget or those just trying it out.
SunTek is also one of best automotive window tint brands for anyone who wants a black finish and some of the darkest window tints allowable by law (depending on the state). While this film is more affordable, it is still a top-of-the-line window tint that provides excellent solar protection.
- CarbonXP Window Tint uses a non-metal, nano-hybrid, carbon technology that provides superior heat, ultraviolet, and infrared rejection for advanced interior comfort.
- Their signal enabling technology assures that navigation, satellite radio, and cell phone transmissions will not be interfered with, even with the darkest tint levels.
- The use of carbon technology helps to reduce Visible Light Reflection (VLR) which results in the darkest auto interior levels available at a competitive price.
- This product offers a TSER up to 59%, UV blocking up to 99%, and VLT of 6% to 80% with a lifetime warranty that includes fading.
Huper Optik Ceramic Window Tints
According to popular auto window tint reviews, Huper Optik is one of the best window tint brands using ceramic technologies. This German company specializes in high-quality window tinting for auto, marine, commercial, and residential purposes.
- Their Nano-Ceramic technology was the first and only patented window film available, producing the highest quality ceramic tint available today.
- Ceramic film is less shiny than traditional window tint, provides clearer visibility at darker levels, and does not interfere with electronic transmissions.
- While this is one of the best window tints due to advanced heat rejection levels, it is one of the most expensive.
- This product offers a TSER up to 70%, UV blocking up to 99.9%, and VLT of 6% to 85% with zero discoloration risks.
LLumar ATR Metallic Window Tints
If you do not mind the potential for electronic interference, but desire advanced protection from the sun, then you may want to consider a metallic window tinting. This is a low-cost, high-performing option that looks good and protects well.
LLumar is regarded as one of the best car window tint brands that uses a metalized tint, though these are becoming less popular because of what they do to electronic signals.
- ATR Series is a high-performance metallized window tint, long lasting, and offers a high level of heat rejection and UV protection.
- The ATR Series uses a multi-layered method that combines a dyed layer with a metal layer that allows for darker shades, but without the fading that can often happen with dyed films.
- The metallic tint will decrease electronic signal quality, including FM radio, cell phone reception, and GPS functionality, but if this is not a concern, then it is a top choice.
- This product offers a TSER up to 63%, UV blocking up to 99%, and VLT of 5% to 55%.
Talk to us about what you want. If it’s done right you only have to to do it once. Call us at 561-367-0101 and look over our window Tint Section for further window tint knowledge.